http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Swirlydoos' Chipboard Palooza Contest

When i heard about this contest at the Swirlydoos Blog, i was so excited that my brain immediately started to plan and my heart to hope... to come up with a somewhat original way to alter my DA chipboard AND of course end up with a fabulous layout.  They wanted us to get our hands dirty... well, did mine EVER get dirty!!! They were as black as coal! I just regret i didn't take a picture.

I started off with 5 sets of DA chipboard (Yes, i went a little overboard as Swirlydoos was only asking for one, but i'm totally addicted to Dusty Attic chippies... so there!) : brick wall panel, music, ferns, mini words, 'with love' title

The brick wall was to be my main focal point and i wanted it to really resemble bricks so i started off by dabbing it with Ranger Distress Ink (Rusty Hinge) and covering it with Distress Crackle Paint (black soot). After it dried, it didn't quite crackle as much as i expected so i had to think of a Plan B. I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist (suede), let it dry and then dabbed it with a bit of Adirondack Paint Dabber (snow cap). Once that paint was dry, i covered most of the white spots with glue to then sprinkle the glue with 2 shades of Glitter Ritz (bronze & black)... Here are glimpses of the finished result:




The next piece of DA i wanted to alter is the music note border. Wanting to go with a little more subtle look with this one, i just simply dabbed it with Distress Ink (black soot), put glue on just the notes and sprinkled with Glitter Ritz (black).
Next came the ferns. I made my life easy with those also... i just sprayed them with 2 different shades of Glimmer Mist (Midnight Blue & Dazzling Diamonds).
Last, but not least, the title!  The title 'with love' comes in one chipboard piece and i was afraid to play with it too much at the risk of ruining it since i didn't have another one. I decided to just dab it with Distress Ink (black soot) and then glue some Glitter Ritz (black) on the side of each letter. For the other words, i decided to do a little collage. I had different mini-words that contained most of the letters i needed to spell out 'your music fills my heart' so i cut them out and put them back together. That's another way of altering chipboard, isn't it?! hehe All letters were then dabbed with Distress Ink (black soot).

I'm sorry... i don't have a close-up picture of the title, but you'll probably be able to see from the final picture of the completed layout... and here it is!

Your Music Fills My Heart with Love
The paper used is from BoBunny Mama-razzi Collection, and all flowers are from Prima.

Now why don't YOU get your hands dirty and alter some chipboard? :)

3 comments:

  1. WOWEE!!! I love what you did with EVERYTHING, but I love the look of the bricks especially - it's AMAZING! :) I'm very very inspired right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING!!! absolutely love what you did with your chipboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an incredible project - WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete