http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Tribute To My Chipboard Addiction!

Yes, you've read it on my blog many times:

I am ADDICTED... to laser-cut chipboard that is! 

I have always loved playing with chipboard.  The first time I have seen laser-cut chipboard, I was totally enthralled by the clear cut lines and the endless possibilities.  I love using mists, chalks and glitter to add color to it and I have embossed, cut up, distressed, and even stitched my chipboard pieces.  I especially love chipboard titles and would use them on every single layout I make if I had unlimited supply.

And i am here today to share with you my 10 favorite projects featuring chipboard!  You can see the original blog post for each project by clicking on its title.

On this chipboard door hinge as well as on the birdcage and the golden flags, i used a mixture of Dreamweaver Embossing Paste, Rangers Perfect Pearls, Glimmer Mist and chalk.  You have to just go ahead and try different things.  I never know how it will turn out when i start playing with all these different products, but i usually don't give up and keep adding on until i'm satisfied with the result.



 One of my resolution for the new year is to try to create more altered items like this one!  I really want to step out of my comfort zone which is mostly creating layouts.  Chipboard looks awesome on any home decor!


With this layout, i had a lot of fun distressing all the chipboard pieces.  Some of them, i just simply sprayed with Glimmer Mist, and others, i painted and then covered with Glossy Accents to give them a glow.


 #7 Dreamer
This double-page layout dates back to more than a year, but i have to say that it is one of my all-time favorites!  It also shows laser-cut chipboard in all its natural beauty!  Whether you decide to ink, color, spray your chipboard, or just leave it bare, it just adds so much texture, dimension and personality to any project!


I love the chipboard air-balloons on this layout! 


Chipboard and crackle paint = a wonderful feast to the eyes!


#4 I Miss
This layout features very finely-cut chipboard pieces.  I spruced them up with gems and pearls and they look royally gorgeous!





 A few coats of red paint and this chippie is set a-fire! :)



I created this layout for a challenge requiring us to show how we can alter our favorite pieces of chipboard.  And I won!  I am sure that my frame helped a little.  It's the best part of this layout no doubt.  I just LOVE the way it turned out.  I put a thick coat of gesso that i heated up until it bubbled.  Then i put some crackle paint, heated it up again, followed by distress inks (Forest Moss and Crushed Olive) and some Stickles.



I adore trying different techniques to alter my chipboard and my favorite is covering it with gesso and then heating it up until the gesso bubbles and hardens.  I then have fun using all sorts of inks, mists, glitter, powder, chalk, paste, etc to add color and texture to the chipboard.

 Hopefully i inspired you today to pick up some laser-cut chipboard and start creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment