http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Friday, August 2, 2013

The Color Room GDT - Palette 156

I was thrilled a few months ago when i was asked to join The Color Room as a guest designer.  Check out an exclusive interview with me and the other August GDT on the TCR blog.

Well, now that August is finally here, it's time for me to share my first GDT project using this wonderful palette coming to  you from The Color Room!


Aren't you just in love with these feminine colors and that chabby retro room!?

I'm hoping that you'll be inspired to play along with Palette #156 and link up your project HERE before August 15th. 

 For this project, i decided to not go the typical 12x12 page route, or not even the double-page which i've always loved to do since i first started scrapbooking.

I made an 8x11 page to fit a white wooden frame that i want to give to a friend of mine who recently had a little girl who she named Briana.


I found that the Bo Bunny Isabella collection matched perfectly with the pink and purple shades of the palette.  I added a bit of beige gold and a little touch of red to make it complete.

Also, because i had a smaller background to work on and a fairly big picture of little Briana, i wasn't able to follow the palette sketch as i would have wanted.  I will definitely save it as inspiration for a future layout though - it's gorgeous!

Let's look at some close-up shots of my layout:






Thank you so much for joining me on my first reveal for The Color Room!

And thanks TCR for having me as a GDT! :)  I will be back with another fantastic palette on August 16th!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture and a stunning LO! So lovely, Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your guest DT, you have created a really beautiful layout for it.. so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. Love the layers, the flowers, the precious photo. It has come together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete