http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Friday, October 11, 2013

Imagine LO (2Crafty Sponsors SATW)

I was so thrilled when I found out that 2Crafty Chipboard would be sponsoring the October challenge at Scrap Around The World.  That means that us 2Crafty DT girls were asked to create a special layout inspired by this month's mood board to be featured on the SATW blog.  And today is the day!

Take a look at this 'fresh and modern' mood board from Jessy Christopher as well the fabulous sketch designed by Jules!

I decided to turn the sketch clockwise to better align my single-photo layout. 

The first thing that inspired me from the pretty images was the touch of blues, pinks and yellows amidst the white, especially the blue.  Since I don't get to scrapbook that color very often (no reason in particular), I knew that I wanted to make it the central focus of my layout.

The beautiful intricate edge of the vases also inspired me to use paper doilies as well as a lace doily punch.  On top of the doily, i used the Imagine Title.

Here, you see part of the oval Frame Flourish 5 tucked behind a flower cluster.

I treated all my 2Crafty chipboard the same way, using molding paste, different shades of blue Glimmer Mists and Smooch paint, then dabbed them with white.




On the left is one half of a Journaling Frame.

And a beautiful, whimsical Butterfly Frame.

I love the textured look on this butterfly.  Molding paste is my new best friend!

The other half of the Journalling Frame.

The picture of my niece Ella in her blue butterfly wings fit in just perfectly.

   
Now don't waste another creative minute and gather up your inspiration to play along with the SATW October Mood Board!  Check out all the details HERE!  You could win some amazing prizes including a very special chipboard package from 2Crafty.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Nicole the colors are so soft, dreamy and looks like dust of sugar were sprinkled on top of the elements. Great textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so soft and oh so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so precious Nicole, both the photo and the LO!!

    ReplyDelete