http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful (2Crafty DT Reveal & OUAS challenge)

It's time for my DT reveal over at the 2Crafty blog and I can't wait to share this special layout with you.

 

I played along with the May challenge at Once Upon a Sketch.  The journaling theme is 'Anything Goes' and this lovely sketch is provided as inspiration. 


I've been wanting to scrapbook this fun picture of my pretty niece Ella for a while.  She is so carefree and full of life, having fun during a weekend at her Memere's.  In my journaling, added to the 2Crafty Jenna Frame, I wanted to give her a heartfelt message to always be herself.


After doing some stenciling work as well as misting on my background, I added the Window Shutter Set.  I treated both window frame and shutters with Liquitex Natural Sand and then covered them with different paints and silks.





 On the Scallop Circle Bunting pieces, I put a heavy coat of gesso and heated it up.  I added a whimsical touch with Flourish Adornment Set 4 and different sizes of Sharon's Butterflies.



You all know by now that 2Crafty offers awesome title chippies and this one, Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful, is a favorite of mine with its different fonts.  It was perfect for my layout, and painted white, it pops out against the blue background.


 And now, another look at beautiful happy Ella! :)


 Be sure to come back tomorrow to see another of my creations using pretty 2Crafty chippies.
Visit the 2Crafty blog to see my full reveal and leave me a comment!

And last, but not least, check out the Once Upon a Sketch May challenge and how you can play along.


4 comments:

  1. HOW PRETTY!!! Love what you did with the jump rope!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just totally FABULOUS & adorable....the way you've cut her out...looks great ----& the MM behind the window....sensational....wow....clever, clever page....thanks as always for joining us at OUAS...And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute and beautiful page! amazing how you have used blue here to make your girl really stand out. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout Nicole and great advice to your little girl. Love the window behind her skipping. Lovely texture and colour too. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete