http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Measured in Moments (2Crafty DT Reveal Part 1)


Every time it's my turn to share with you my DT creations
for 2Crafy Chipboard, I get so happy and proud
as 2Crafty chipboard makes every layout or project I create extra special!


You will no doubt recognize the beautiful Somewhere in Time collection from BoBunny.
I matched it with many chipboard pieces to accentuate somewhat grunge, yet romantic, look of my page.  

No grunge layout would be complete without now famous cogs and gears.
2Crafty offers many different pieces of this style, including the "Gears" and the "Giant Gears".


A great addition to the gears sets is the "Corner Steampunk 1".
I cut it in two and lined it on the left edge of my page, tucked behind the photo and my flower cluster.
I wanted it to look like old rusted metal so I put on a thick coat of clear gesso, heated it until it bubbled, 
then dabbed on distress stains in all the shades of brown that I own, heating between every coat.
 I then added a little charcoal grey and copper paint.
 

And more cogs and gears treated the same way.


Shown below are 2 pieces from the "Keyholes and Locks" set.
They were treated pretty much the same way as the cogs and steampunk corner, 
but with a touch of teal blue added on to them.


 I cut in half a small clock from the "6 inch Clock Face Frames" 
and tucked each piece on either side of my picture.
Then it was time to put the finishing touch with the perfect title.
I chose "Life is Not Measured by Minutes but Moments"
which I cut apart to line it up vertically on the right edge of my layout.


And there you go... a precious moment captured amidst beautiful blue flowers 
from BoBunny and Petaloo and loads of 2Crafty chippies! 


Now, here's to hoping you'll join me tomorrow for another 2Crafty DT reveal!

1 comment: