http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sherlock Book Card Set (Meg's Garden DT Project)

It's time once again to share with you a project designed for Meg's Garden.

Last month, I created a Vintage Mini-Album using the Sherlock Book Kit designed by Watson.  

Well, this time around, I decided that I would use more papers and trinkets 
from the Sherlock Book Kit to create a multi-card set.


As you can see, I created 5 cards, all complementing one another in their design, patterns and colours.

I tried to use several paper patterns from the Sherlock Book kit in order to showcase it all.
Most metal accents were included in the embellishment kit that I received with the kit.
Look at the end of this post for the complete list of products used 
that came from the Meg's Garden shop.

Card 1


I decided to use french sentiments on my cards as I'm participating in a craft show in December in my hometown which is mostly French and am hoping that a client will want to give this card set a new home.



Card 2


The Sherlock Book kit papers offer many vintage images that are perfect to add to cards.


Card 3

 All the beautiful and colorful paper butterflies used were fussy cut 
from the Butterflies ATC paper available at Meg's Garden.


Card 4


 I added some handmade stitching to my cards to give them a bit more dimension.
Another way to add dimension is to pop up some parts of the card with 3-D foam dots, 
like in this case, the sentiment tag and the fussy cut pocket watch.


Card 5

 
My favorite part of the Sherlock papers are the tags.
I used 3 of this card and added metal eyelets that matched the Vintage Brass piece.


This was a fairly short post, but I wanted show you how versatile the Sherlock Book Kit is 
and let the pictures do the talking.

I hope you've enjoyed my cards
and that you will visit Meg's Garden blog for daily inspiration
from the Design Team using their fabulous line of products.

List of products used from Meg's Garden Store:




1 comment: