http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Mother's Love
(Berry71bleu GDT & Prima May BAP)



What a great surprise it was a few weeks ago to be asked to be a
Guest Designer
for a challenge blog that I have been following for a few years now...


I didn't have to think about it twice before I said 'YES!'
since I love Berry71bleu and I had seen this month's challenge and 
was absolutely planning to find the time to play along, amid all my DT work.


In several countries, May is the month when we pay tribute to Mothers,
so this challenge is:

'All About Mom'
Pay tribute to your own mom or create a project based on 
your own thoughts & feelings about being a mom.

You can click HERE to learn more about this challenge
as you still have a few days to create your project and link up!

I didn't have to dig deep into my stash of papers and pictures to find the perfect
 combination for this project. I knew I wanted to make a layout
about my own mother who is very dear to my heart and who has
always been my best friend, and I just happened to have a beautiful
picture of her that I was saving for a special layout.  It went
perfectly with these pretty Tea-Thyme from Prima. 


Along with Berry71bleu's challenge, I was inspired by this beautiful sketch
from this month's Prima Build-A-Page challenge.  Therefore, most of the products used from the paper to the flowers to all the bling comes from Prima.  




Now let's take a look at some of the details, featuring lots of Prima goodness!

I loved the flow of words on Jennifer's sketch,
and so I created my own with a chipboard title and several Lace Stickers.


I fussy cut the paper roses from patterned paper and then added on lots of Prima flowers.  Behind the flower cluster, I slipped a tag with my journaling.  


Below  you can see some more Prima flowers adorned with
Say It in Crystals Mini Swirls.


Another beautiful Prima embellishment used is this
beautiful Spolight Midnight leaf.


I really love how this page turned out and I think it is fit for a Queen... 
my Mom who is the Queen of my heart! I feel so blessed to have her in my life.


Thank you so much Berry71bleu for this awesome GDT opportunity!

List of Prima products used:
Papers:
Tea Thyme collection "Charmuse" (844677)
Tea Thyme collection "Linsey" (844714)
Flowers:
Butterfly - Pupa (580636)
Butterfly - Bulbe (580605)
Valentina - Mona (581947)
Epiphany - Unveil (578800)
Cigar Box Secrets - Maduro (578602)
Spotlight Midnight Leaves (562212)
Other:
Say It In Crystals Mini Swirls - Sunrise Sunset (564001)
Say It In Crystals Individuals (560508)
Metal Trinket (554279)
Lace Sticker - Beauty (572259)
Lace Sticker - Enamoured (572273)
Lace Sticker - Family Unit (572280)
Lace Sticker - Day to Day (572297)
Lace Sticker - Doily 2 (572327)
Donna Downey Stencil - Hexagon Grunge


1 comment:

  1. This looks so beautiful! Lovely tribute to your mum!

    ReplyDelete