http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, September 12, 2016

You're Adorable
(Blue Fern Studios DT Reveal 2)


My second Blue Fern Studios DT Reveal project this month is as sweet and shabby chic as the first one, from yesterday's post right HERE, was romantic and elegant.


I was inspired by the September challenge at Berry71bleu with is to use this sketch and add something blue to your layout.  I created my own take on the vertical orientation on the sketch and, as you can clearly see, the colour blue, even if combined with other colours, takes center stage on my page with the gorgeous BFS chipboard pieces.


I wanted to create a very girly page with bright colors over a pale classy background.
I created my background by ripping pieces of the Tranquility "Jubilation" paper and apposed them on top of the pink Courtship Lane "Town Gossip".  I cut out squares out of the wood grain pattern from the "Jubilation" papers and made a vertical collage combined with white corrugated cardboard and lots of flowers.

You can see here a Brigitte Butterfly that I cut in 2.  It was covered with Bonny Blue embossing powder with a dash of Blue Diamond glitter.


The other half of the butterfly is right here amidst flowers, including a very lovely pink Attic Charm daisy.  You can see here that I did some stamping throughout my page.


The focal point of my page is this gorgeous piece from the Jubilation Corners set.
It was covered in Bonny Blue, sprinkled with Blue Diamond glitter and dabbed with white paint.


On my last close-up shot, you can see the star of this layout, my pretty and adorable niece Ella, as well as the title chosen which I created by combining the word Adorable from the French Words set and a piece left over from another title I had cut out in the past. I treated it with a mix of Mushroom, Ginger and Nutmeg powders.  You can also see here a sneak of the Bits of Honey covered in Fuschia.


Blue Fern Studios products
Patterned Papers: Tranquility (Jubilation), Courtship Lane (Town Gossip)
Chipboard: Jubilation Corners, Brigitte Butterflies, Bits of Honey
Flowers: Attic Charm Daisies, Courtship Blooms
Stamps: Texture Circles
Imagine Ink: Embossing Powders (Bonny Blue, Fuschia, Mushroom, Ginger, Nutmeg), 
Glitter (Blue Diamond)



3 comments:

  1. wow Nichole this is fabulous, thank you for entering our challenge here this month at Berry71Bleu x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very beautiful!!! Love the glittering chipboards and all wonderfull details! Thanks for joining our challenge at Berry71bleu this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous page and the cutest photo! ;-) Love the design and elements...fabulous! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu this month! ;-)

    ReplyDelete