http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Feet
(Kraft+ & Berry71bleu November challenges)


I am super happy of sharing with you this layout inspired by 2 fabulous challenge blogs I regularly follow!  Let's see if you can guess which one!


By the kraft background, you probably guess that the first challenge blog was Kraft+.
This month's challenge is to take inspiration from something out of my closet.  Click HERE for more information on this challenge.


I have lots of different colored and style shirts in my closet that I could have used as inpiration, but when I took a glance at my pants, well, there is one predominant fabric that I could find.  Denim!  I wear jeans ALL THE TIME!  And it just so happened that I had this darling photo of my friend's son with his little feet dangling out of a pair of jeans.  I used a wooden title covered in denim, some denim brads, denim flowers as well as paper with a denim motif!  Is that enough denim for you!?


As far as the other challenge blog that inspired my page, well, the hint is in the colour!  There is several shades of blue on my layout with some emphasis on navy blue with all the denim elements. And who has a navy blue inspired challenge this month?  None other than Berry71bleu!  Take a look at the mood board and find out more information about the challenge right HERE on the blog.



(PS: I remembered after having completed my layout that one of the Kraft+ rules is that they do not allow combining with other challenges, but that is ok.  I am so happy about how my page turned out.  Both challenges seemed to be a perfect match this month!)

Let's take a closer look:

The last time I was at Michael's Craft Store, I bought this denim-covered wooden title and just knew I had to have it!  It could have turned out better for this project.


I created the 'feet' cut file myself and cut it on my Silhouette machine.  You can see that I added different mists and stenciled in some stars with blue paint on my background.


These denim flowers and brads have been in my stash for quite a while... I was waiting for the perfect time to use them.  I didn't have to wait any longer!


I really like the kraft and navy blue colour combination.  And how about this cute picture uh?


I have to say that this is a new favorite layout of mine.  Thank you to Kraft+ and Berry71bleu for the creative inspiration!!

4 comments:

  1. j'adooooooooore!!! love this!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful combination....& I'm so happy you left it in our challenge, even if it does not meet the rules..... it means I could pop on over & take a peek. The denim with the 'natural' colours is STUNNING...as is that photo.... FANTASTIC take on our K+ challenge, regardless:):) So glad it inspired you, Nicole:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page...love that sweet photo and the stunning elements and great design! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu this month! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I seriously love this one...from that incredibly sweet pic to the use of denim, so many lovely elements here. Thanks for joining us over @ K+ :)

    ReplyDelete